Time & Location
May 16, 2023, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
The Fuller Cup, Bourbon, IN 46504, USA
About The Event
Conflict is a common problem in any organization that has people. Often, leaders are uncomfortable dealing with conflict because they do not have a process that keeps emotions under control. The good news is that an understanding of conflict, why it occurs, and how to manage it can help you turn a conflict situation into a positive opportunity for improvement. Participants will also have the opportunity to identify the key skills that they can practice to improve their ability to handle conflict in a productive way.
- Explain why conflict occurs.
- Recognize effective and ineffective ways of handling conflict.
- Apply the correct conflict style to use when in various conflict situations.
- Apply knowledge of the three stages of conflict to prevent unnecessary escalations.
- Explain how listening styles can affect conflict resolution.
- List best practices for mediating and directly confronting employees.
Intended audience: New and experienced managers and leaders who want to develop or improve their conflict resolution skills. Also suitable for individuals who have experience resolving conflict but are in need of new practical ideas for dealing more effectively with conflict in the modern manufacturing environment.
Workshop length: 4 hours